Beijer Ref Australia recognises the need to be an active company in both environmental protection and the promotion of good working practices designed to minimise the effects of environmental pollution.
These aims are being achieved by our staff taking all reasonable and practical steps to minimise workplace wastage, be it power, paper, etc, within their department. Particular attention is paid to areas of manufacturing and warehousing where noise, smoke and material wastage are kept to the minimum.
Environmental goals of the company are to:
- Promote actions for the prevention of damage to the environment, and carry out our business in a safe and environmentally friendly manner.
- To minimise, if possible, the wastes, residues and emissions which are produced by its operations and to always manage them in the most environmentally effective way.
- To continuously improve the Company's environmental performance.
- To continuously co-operate with our suppliers and contractors for their environmental improvement.
- Employ suitably competent and qualified personnel who are capable of carrying out operations in a safe and environmentally friendly manner.